SO, my ''Not-So-Biker-type'' boyfriend went out and bought...a Harley. And although I often participate in hobbies that do not include him in any way...for example I've never made him read a book alongside me or attend a scrapbooking event...for some reason, his new purchase is throwing me into the unfamiliar world of ...BIKER CHICK. Now, in his defense I have to say that I am very flattered that he is so excited about all the wonderful and fun new places we can go on this bike, and I find it very endearing that he prefers to ride it with me on it rather than alone...(or with an authentic biker chick on it, I might add) however, that does not change the fact that I simply cannot participate 100% the way he wants me too. He bought me a leather jacket, in April. I appreciate that he bought it of course, he didn't have too and it is nice...but ...its APRIL.He wants me to wear headbands and black boots and whatnot...in MAY. HELLO? This is my time for pedicures and flip-flops...does he not know me at ALL?? I've spent the past few months longing for the days of capris and sandals and short sleeve shirts...and now I've got big black boots and a black leather jacket!! This would all work out so much better if it was a winter activity. Obviously, it's not. It would also help if he didn't look so damned GOOD in all of his biker attire. I, on the other hand, look like white trash stuck in the 80s. I feel like I'm on my way to a Pat Benatar concert and the only thing that makes me willing to do it again is how happy he looks when I climb on the bike with him. *LeSigh* The things we do for people....I wonder if he would be just as willing to slip on some khakis, a sweater, some wire rimmed glasses and join a reading group with me. Yeah, don't think so. Then I realize, I wouldn't WANT him to join a book club with me. HELL, I don't even want to join a book club. But on the off chance that I did. I wouldn't want to go with him. I'm glad that he doesn't have this attitude about his time on the bike...I'm glad that for whatever reason, he still wants me behind him. I'm not sure if its the way that I always ''remind'' him to slow down, or maybe its the way I whimper in his ear when faced with oncoming cars. It might even be the way I swear everytime we go over a bump and my "bottom half" is engulfed in pain. Whatever the reason, I've realized I'm GLAD I'm welcome with him, even if it's NOT my favorite thing to do and even if my pedicures WILL be hidden...it's okay, I'm learning to enjoy it.
Alot faster than I'd be learning to enjoy the summer alone while my boyfriend was off on his bike..
What's a girl to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who says you have to wear all leather? Remember Pinky Tuscadero? LOL
Post a Comment